May 11, 2008

Playa Del Carmen Mexico

Time for a quick travel break before the summer begins. We've made our way to Playa Del Carmen in Mexico. If you are not familiar with Playa, you need not worry. The town was a small fishing village until ten years ago. A one lane road led to this city around 40 miles south of Cancun and initially led through a small town. With beautiful untapped beaches, it was only a matter of time until it went through major development. The city now boasts a Wal-Mart, Sams Club, and multiple McDonald's locations.


We arrived in Cancun on Friday night and spent one night there. We awoke the next morning to find the most glorious shower I have experienced in years. They often say you can recall the last great nights sleep you had. I am that way with showers. The low flow control restrictor was removed causing the water to flow at an environmental raping rate. I normally will take a five minute shower but I couldn't get over this wonderful shower. I ended up staying in there for twenty or so minutes. A picture of that great shower head is included in the picture links on the right hand side of the blog.


We made our way to Playa and into our room at the Royal Haciendas. Great place with wonderful beaches. As you can see from one of the pictures, we have become one with nature. They have a fabulous monkey in the area which locals refer to as “Alcohol Chimps”. We have made friends with many of them. It is considered good luck if you drink the concoctions contained in their belly.


Tomorrow we are heading into Playa for some afternoon fun. Until next time!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I was there drinking from Alcohol chimps!!